TYGERBURNING INAUGURAL ISSUE
Edited by Jacqueline Gens
Publication Date: Spring 2010
ISBN 10: 1-934851-20-5
ISBN 13: 978-1-934851-20-3
USD $15.00 + shipping
About the Editor, Jacqueline Gens
Jacqueline Gens is the co-director and one of the founders of the MFA Program in Poetry at New England College. For many years, she worked at the Naropa Institute (now University) in Boulder, CO, before joining the staff of the late poet, Allen Ginsberg in NYC. She is a regular contributor to a number of Buddhist publications. Her poetry chapbook, Primo Pensiero, with a foreward by Anne Waldman, was published by Shivastan Press in the fall of 2008. Poems have been published or are forthcoming in The Alembic Review, Henniker Review, Connotations, Poetry International, Mercy of Tides: Poems for a Beach House (Salt Marsh Pottery Press), and The Mirror.
First Annual Hayden Carruth Poetry Prize, Deadline Extended!
Tygerburning Literary Journal, a publication of the MFA Program in Poetry at New England College announces its first annual Hayden Carruth Poetry Prize. The submission period for the prize is October 15-February 28, 2011. For general submission guidelines for Issue #2, edited by James Harms, please go to the Tygerburning Literary Journal's website Submit page.
An Annual Poetry Contest
One first place winner receives $1000 and publication in Tygerburning Literary Journal, Issue #2, Spring 2011 edited by James Harms ! Two honorable mentions receive $100 and publication.
The 2011 judge: Brian Henry* When is the deadline? The new postmark deadline is February 28, 2011.
What are the guidelines?
• $20 entry fee. Make checks payable to “Marick Press” (P.O. Box 36253, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236) or if you are submitting electronically use the PayPal button below.
• Entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2011.
• Submit up to three poems, not to exceed six pages.
• Poems must be original, written in English, and previously unpublished
• Your name or address should not appear anywhere on the poems.
• Your name or address should appear only on the cover letter.
• You may submit via electronically or by snail mail.
• If you mail your entry, enclose an index card with poem titles, your name, address, phone number, and email address
• If you mail your entry, enclose an SASE for notification of winners
• You may also enclose a postage-paid postcard for acknowledgement of entry (if you’d like)
• Entries must be typed, and on one side of the paper only
• If using the mail, use a paper clip or send unbound—no staples or binding, please
• Once submitted, entries cannot be altered
• No translations please
• Multiple entries allowed—each entry must include a separate entry fee
• No entries will be returned
for information or questions
To submit electronically, please submit only one file as a word attachment, with up to three poems. In the subject of your email, enter "Hayden Carruth Prize". In the body of your email, please provide your contact information and a brief biography. Email to
To submit via the mail, send to Tygerburning Literary Journal, New England College, MFA Program in Poetry, 98 Bridge Street, Henniker, NH 03242. Include a check for $20.00 payable to “Marick Press” or pay using a credit card on PayPal on Marick Press Website under Hayden Carruth Poetry Prize *No former or current students, colleagues or friends of the judge may enter the contest. To pay your entry fee for the Hayden Carruth Prize click here: